Is any tax RELIEF available to HOMEOWNERS?
•If you’re a homeowner, you can apply for an exemption on the value of your owner-occupied primary residence, including a manufactured home. The exemption applies to fifty percent of the value of the residence (including up to one acre of land) or to the maximum homeowner’s exemption, whichever is less. Taxes are computed on the nonexempt value. You may also apply for this exemption on your home (not land) if you’re paying occupancy taxes.
•Applications are available from the Gooding County Assessor's when an application is approved, the exemption is continuous as long as you own and occupy the property. Upon change of ownership, the new owner must file a new application.
•No income or age restrictions exist, but you can qualify for an exemption on only one home at a time.
•You must own and occupy your home before April 15 of the current year and must apply for the exemption by April 15.

Show All Answers

1. When are property taxes due?
2. Are there any important deadlines?
3. How and Where do I pay my Taxes?
4. I received TWO bills but I only have ONE property. Why?
5. My MORTGAGE COMPANY should pay this tax. Why did you send me a bill?
6. Where does my tax money GO? What is a TAXING DISTRICT?
7. What are MY responsibilities as a property owner and taxpayer?
8. Is there a Tax Reduction Program?
9. Do you have Delinquent PROPERTY SALE?
10. Is any tax RELIEF available to HOMEOWNERS?
11. Will I be sent any OTHER NOTICES?
12. What is the NOTICE I received from the ASSESSOR and how does it relate to taxes?
13. What can I do if I feel the amount of my taxes seem too High?
14. What if my payment is LATE?
15. What are my PAYMENT OPTIONS? Can I make PARTIAL PAYMENTS or get a HEAD START on future taxes?
16. How do I change my ADDRESS?